A list of changes and improvements we’re making to the Whillo online player and apps. Want to be kept in the loop when we release new features and titles? We send out a newsletter once a month, sign up here!
Features and Fixes We Are Working On
- FIX: Although the “Download” option in the iOS and Android apps (the feature that allows you to store books on your device so you don’t need WiFi to play them) is working, it is currently only downloading the first track of each book. Users can go in and download each chapter one at a time, but we are working on changing this so that an entire book is downloaded to your device all at once.
- FIX: We are aware of the issue with the online player where track numbers can not be viewed (the viewport is too small and track names are being cut short). A fix should be out soon.
Fixes and Features We’ve Completed
February 7, 2024
- Fixed an issue for users that were unable to access the online Whillo.com audio player after signing up for Whillo via the app. Users should now be able to access both the online player and app using the same login.
March 20, 2023
- New version of the Android app released that allows for in-app subscription updates and fixes a number of streaming issues Android users were experiencing.
February 1, 2023
- Lots of new audiobooks and music added for February. Ian Mulder and Antrim Mennonite Choir music is now available on Whillo!
January 31, 2023
- New Android app available (Version (1.18.2) 13) which fixes many of the issues some Android users were experiencing (freezing of the app, slow load times etc.). Recommended for all Android users.
January 23, 2023
- Added phone/text support option to our Contact Page.
January 6, 2023
- Improvements to layout of Whillo.com home page and tweaks to catalog layout.
December 10, 2022
- Significant database and permissions upgrades made to the backend of Whillo to (hopefully) fix any lingering issues some users were having with the Whillo app. Minor Android issues being worked on and an update will be released in the coming weeks.
November 28, 2022
- We’ve added a “Support” tab to the iOS and Android apps to make it easier for users to get help when using the Whillo platform.
- Music is now live on Whillo! Users will need to update their Whillo app to the latest version available on the App and Play stores.
- The new Whillo app now has both a “Books” and “Music” section at the bottom.
- We’ve added separate catalog pages for music and audiobooks. View the Whillo audiobooks catalog here and the new music catalog here.
August 26, 2022
- Changed the layout of the audiobook catalog page to include audio samples of more books and a brief synopsis of the books available on Whillo.
August 2, 2022
- Revised our News Page for easier scrolling and viewing of previous posts and better usability on mobile devices.
August 1, 2022
- 6 new audiobooks added to Whillo. See our updated catalog at https://whillo.com/catalog/
July 15, 2022
- Fixed a glitch on some Android devices that will cause the screen to “refresh” when audio is being played. Although the app was still useable, the glitch makes scrolling through the various audiobooks a bit frustrating. We have pushed out a fix, please let us know if you have any other issues!
July 5, 2022
- Added an email automation sequence to introduce new customers to Whillo and provide them with resources to navigate the Whillo platform.
June 30, 2022
- 5 new audiobooks added to Whillo. See our updated catalog at https://whillo.com/catalog/
June 21, 2022
- Fixed an issue where the Whillo online player login screen would freeze for some users.
- Added a Catalog Page so that non-subscribers can see which titles are currently available on Whillo
June 7, 2022
- We discovered that a number of users that had signed up via the Android app (instead of online at Whillo.com) were immediately charged for their subscription. This issue has since been fixed and all users should receive a free 7 day trial regardless of which device they are using. If you were accidentally charged immediately for your subscription please don’t hesitate to reach out for a refund if you no longer want to subscribe to Whillo after 7 days.
June 6, 2022
- Android app now live! Download the Android app on the Play Store (we are aware of a number of minors “bugs” in the Android app and our developers are hard at work fixing them. We expect an update to the Android app in about a week)
June 2, 2022
- Updates made to FAQ Page to answer some questions new users were having when using Whillo for the first time.
- Fixed some website layout issues on mobile devices.
June 1, 2022
- Official launch of Whillo!
May 27, 2022
- Changes made to signup screen to better match brand colors
- Added more Frequently Asked Questions to FAQ page (things like “How to add a discount code” etc)
May 25, 2022
- Added sample audio tracks to home page of Whillo.com
May 23, 2022
- iOS app released for public use!
May 20, 2022
- iOS app accepted into App Store.
May 18, 2022
- Beta version of Google App accepted for release in Play Store. Significant issue discovered regarding titles with multiple tracks, app not yet released for public use on Play Store.
May 2, 2022
- Online player live at stream.whillo.com and around 20 titles uploaded to Whillo.
- iOS and Android apps still in development.
- Whillo.com not yet live to the public, further testing required.